MEMBERSHIP, FEES AND BELT TESTS
• All monthly fees must be paid at the beginning of each month
• Before belt testing will be granted, the student must have the permission of the instructor
• The club reserves the right to withhold membership
• Adults $55 per month
• Juniors ( < 13 yrs) $45 per month (Discounts for 3 or more family members)
• Pre-school $25 per month
Yearly fee: NATIONAL KARATE ASSOCIATION AND KARATE B.C.
• Black belt (all ages) $65 per year
• Adults (> 16 years) $50 per year
• Juniors (< 16 yrs) $30 per year
Yearly fee: SHITO RYU SATO KAI ASSOCIATION
• Adults Black Belts $60 per year
• Junior Black Belts (< 16 yrs) $50 per year
• Brown Belts $40 per year
• White/Colour Belts $25 per year
Usually held twice per year in December/January and June.
Belt tests fees:
• Adults $35 per test
• Junior $25 per test
• Brown Belt $55
Upon successfully passing a test the student will be presented with a certificate and the next level belt.
white - 6th kyu, yellow - 5th kyu, orange - 4th kyu, green - 3rd kyu, blue - 2nd kyu, brown - 1st kyu
Young children (pre-school and juniors) who are not yet ready for a yellow belt test, can test for a yellow strip to be added to their belt. There is no fee for the yellow stripe test.